Do’s and Dont’s in a Water Damaged Building
Safety should always be the first concern. Water damaged restoration in Boise Id can take care of property or but your safety is always of paramount importance. Water and electricity are a dangerous combination. The safest approach is to make sure the power is off to affected area.
If you have water damage in Boise, you may need to call in a plumber for a plumbing leak or other professional to identify the source of roof, foundation or other type of leak.
Protect your belongings This may involve steps like moving them out of harm’s way,
- removing colored area rugs from wet carpeting.
- removing art objects to a safe, dry place.
- wiping excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items,
- placing aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting and
- removing other excess water by mopping and blotting
Call a professional water damage restoration expert in Boise Id if you are unsure of what it will take to fully address the damage. The damage will only get bigger with time. A professional mitigation and restoration company can limit the loss and get you back to normal.
Call your insurance agent or provider This is the time that they can advise you as to coverage and claims procedures.
- Don’t stand in wet areas and operate electrical devices (lights, shopvacs, computers, etc.)
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
- If the building has been affected by sewage, riverine type flooding or the structure has been undermined by water-contact a professional water damage contractor.
Whether you need flood cleanup of water in the basement, extraction and removal of water damage from you home or after hours emergency water damage mitigation at your business for 30 years REE-Construction/First General Idaho has Put Things Right.
No time to wait – take action as soon as possible!
A flooded crawlspace is serious business. This kind of water damage requires professional service.
Time is not your friend after a water damage. The longer water sits, the more likely that permanent damage to your home and your personal property will occur. A timely water damage service response to remove the bulk and cleanup excess water from the finishes, assemblies and personal property in your home is designed to stop the damage process. The sooner our professional water damage company is alerted to take action, the more likely your property will undergo a completely successful restoration and you may promptly return to everyday life.
Water Damage Mitigation In Boise
Mitigation begins at the time help arrives at your home and continues throughout the drying out of your home and personal property. Careful inspection by a competent restoration contractor and their water damage specialists will discern the amount of moisture remaining after the initial response and proper drying methods and equipment that should be deployed to insure a thorough and complete drying plan is executed and prevent secondary damage or complications from unwanted mold.
This hardwood floor needs to be replaced
Repair and Restoration – putting things right!
Once the initial cleanup and dry down are complete, the scope of a professional property damage restoration process can be prepared and damage repairs can begin. This may involve decisions about repair or replacement of finishes and personal property and your damage restoration contractor should become your trusted adviser as to what is and isn’t restorable to a pre-loss condition.